The EMBC 2011 paper submission deadline has passed. This page is for reference only.
If you have been invited to submit a paper for a mini-symposium click here to download the ONE PAGE invited mini-symposium MS template.
Authors Refund Policy
At least one author of the paper must be registered at the appropriate full conference rate (Member, Non-member, Student member, Student non-member) in order to upload the final paper. If complete payment of a registration fee is not received, authors will not be able to proceed with uploading their final manuscript. While any author of the paper may be registered, only the designated “corresponding author” may upload the final paper. Once a manuscript has been uploaded, the registration fees cannot be refunded. Please be sure that the attending author completes payment and uploads the final paper. This means that they must be the “corresponding author”.
Registration fees for “Corresponding Authors” are non-refundable after 16 July 2011.
Author No Shows
EMBS enforces a “no show” policy. Any accepted paper included in the final program is expected to have at least one author attend and present the paper at the conference. Authors of the accepted papers included in the final program who do not attend the Conference will be subscribed to a “No Show List”, compiled by the Society. The “no-show” papers will be removed from the Master DVD and noted as “Author unavailable for presentation” prior to submitting to IEEE for inclusion in Xplore. The “No Show List” will also be made available to all EMBS conference organizers, who can reject submissions from these authors in the following two years, based on their past negative impact on an EMBS conference.
The no show form must be completed and submitted by the corresponding author of any paper that has been included in the EMBC’11 program but the author or a co-author is no longer able to attend and present the paper in the conference. If we do not receive the completed no show form, and you do not attend EMBC’11 and present your paper, you will be subscribed to the Society no show list.
To help you prepare your paper for submission be sure your paper is formatted according to the Conference Paper Requirements. We have arranged for a manuscript creation/test site, PDF express. You can use the template provided (click here to download the MS template) or simply create your manuscript online. PLEASE read the information provided here as it will help you in submitting your paper. Your paper will be rejected by the system if it is not compliant with the conference format style.
- Each Corresponding Author (the author that submits the paper, will attend the conference to present the paper and is responsible for communicating with the Conference Organizers and the paper’s co-authors) is limited to two submissions for the conference. Each paper submission requires a $25 paper deposit (non-refundable, non-transferrable). One paid paper deposit will be automatically credited toward one paid registration fee as long as the deposit was paid in your record. These fees are not transferable. You can complete the deposit process when you upload your paper (you will be prompted for payment in order to complete the submission process). Papers are limited to four (4) pages. Authors wishing to submit an over-length manuscript may do so. There will be an over-length page fee of $125 per page and limited to an additional 3 pages (maximum page submission is seven (7) pages). This payment will be required after author notification of accept/decline.
- Authors should only submit originally written, unpublished work to EMBC 2011.
- During your initial submission, you will be required to add all the co-authors of your paper. In order to add a co-author, you will be able to search by their name or e-mail address. If they are not in the system, you will be able to add them with their name and email address. Please remember, once accepted, you will be required to add any additional co-authors during your final submission.
- EMBC 2011 will adopt a two-step submission process. The Initial Submission will first be checked for IEEE compliancy and will be for review purposes and stamped for confidentiality. If your paper is accepted, you will be required to complete a Final Submission which will appear in the conference proceedings. If your paper is accepted, you will be required to upload your final paper by the Final Paper Submission Deadline.
- The corresponding author of invited papers should forward the paper id number, title and authorship of the submitted paper to the session organizer.
Information About Manuscript Preparation for Paper Submission
Detailed information about manuscript preparation for paper submission and required format can be found here.
- Please follow the page margins strictly. Specifically, if you are using LaTeX style files, please ensure that page margins are strictly followed. The paper margin information is available here
- All submissions must be in US Letter page size format.
- Final submissions must be in 2-column format.
- Do not put your own page numbers on the manuscript.
- Only the corresponding author can upload the paper — but any of the co-authors can register for the conference and pay for registration.
- The corresponding author is required to complete the registration fee prior to uploading their final paper. If the current corresponding (presenting) author will not attend the conference and a co-author will attend and present the paper in their place, the corresponding author must be updated in the paper submission database. Then, the corresponding author is required to access the registration database to complete payment. During the registration process, you will be shown all of the papers you are listed as an author on. You must uncheck the box next to the papers that you will not be presenting. Then, go to the paper database to complete the IEEE copyright form and upload the final paper.
Only PDF files will be accepted. Further instructions follow in Introduction to IEEE PDF eXpress.
Click here for the Requirements for IEEE Xplore PDF and click on PDF Specification for IEEE Xplore. Authors must check that their paper is viewable electronically and without errors that would prevent the Conference from including the paper in CD ROM or Printed Proceedings. A test site to check for formatting compatibility is provided. Please follow the instructions to determine if your paper satisfies the required guidelines using the test your PDF file link once you are logged into PDF eXpress. In the event a paper is submitted that cannot be viewed or printed properly, the Conference may elect to only publish the abstract of the paper in the Proceedings.
Introduction to IEEE PDF eXpress:
The new IEEE Xplore Requirements for PDF were implemented as of 2005. All conference articles submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore must adhere to the IEEE Xplore PDF specification for compatibility.
PDF SPECIFICATIONS FOR IEEE EXPLORE: As of 31 December 2009 IEEE XPLORE submissions must be in PDF version 1.4 (Acrobat 5) thru 1.7 (Acrobat 8). In addition, the files must meet the requirements of the PDF specification.
IEEE PDF eXpress is a free service to IEEE conferences, allowing their authors to make IEEE Xplore-compatible PDFs (Conversion function) or to check PDFs that authors have made themselves for IEEE Xplore compatibility (PDF Check function).
IEEE PDF eXpress Access Info:
URL, Conference ID: embc11x
Instructions for IEEE PDF eXpress:
|Options (choose one)||If the PDF submitted fails the PDF check||If you are not satisfied with the IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF||If the PDF submitted passed the PDF Check, or you are satisfied with your IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF|
|Option 1||Submit your source file for conversion PDF Check, or by clicking Try again, then Submit Source Files for Conversion.||Resubmit your source file with corrections (Try again, then Submit Source Files for Conversion)||Submit your IEEE Xplore compatible PDF to the conference management website.|
|Option 2||Read the PDF Check report, then click “The PDF Check Report” in the sidebar to get information on possible solutions.||Submit a PDF by clicking Try again, then Submit PDF for Checking|
|Option 3||“Request Technical Help” through your account.||“Request a Manual Conversion” through your accou|
IEEE PDF eXpress converts the following file types to PDF:
- Rich Text Format
- (La)TeX (DVI and all support files required)*
- Word Pro
- Microsoft Word
PDF creation/IEEE Xplore compliance-compatibility/IEEE PDF eXpress general questions:
Email, Phone: +1 732 465 5888; 9am – 5pm UTC/GMT -5 hours, Monday thru Friday
IEEE PDF eXpress site issues: Webmaster
*For documents created in formats that do not embed source files, include all support files with the final manuscript in a folder. Put this folder in a compressed archive for submission. If it is possible to embed images in the source document, you should do so to avoid potential issues, such as missing graphics.
IMPORTANT: A DVI (DeVice Independent file) is required for LaTeX conversions, in addition to all associated image files. Make sure that your LaTeX system can output a DVI, otherwise it cannot be converted. Be sure also to check that your images are properly referenced, and that DVI can handle the image file types used (DVI does not handle some newer image types, such as *.png).